This applies to both pure-bred and part-bred New Forest ponies
There will be two ways to achieve dressage grading in 2018.
- Submission of test sheets – for Dressage Grade One and Grade Two
- Submission of BD record.
SUBMISSION OF TEST SHEETS FOR DRESSAGE GRADE ONE (PRELIM) AND DRESSAGE GRADE TWO (NOVICE)
- Submit FOUR original Prelim test sheets, or FOUR original Novice test sheets.
- You must achieve Dressage Grade One first although tests at both levels can be ridden at any time.
- The minimum score on each sheet must be 65%.
- The tests may be any combination of Prelim test numbers or Novice test numbers.
- The pony must be entered under its full registered New Forest stud book name, and this must be clearly written on the test sheet.
- The judge must be a BD Listed Judge. Their name should be clearly printed on the sheet so that this can be checked. The judge’s signature must be on the sheet.
- Any sheets not filled in correctly will not be accepted.
- Tests may be ridden at any event, provided that it is a BD listed judge, so this could be, for example, an unaffiliated competition, BD affiliated, BD Quest, BD British Native Pony Series, NPS, BRC.
- Ponies must be four years of age or over and hold a valid NFPBCS passport in the name of the current owner.
- Send your test sheets with the £10 administration fee per level to the address below. When your sheets have been verified by the Grading and Elite Committee, they will be returned to you with your rosette and sticker for the grading page at the back of the passport.
- Rolling dates are now being used, so as soon as you have your four sheets send them in.
- By submitting your test sheets you are expressly agreeing to all the terms and conditions set out above.
DRESSAGE GRADING BY BD COMPETITION RECORD
BD points may be used to grade ponies. Ten BD points are required at each level for grading. Once a pony has achieved 5 points at a higher level, it is assumed to have graded at the lower level. Please submit a printout of your pony’s BD Competition Record for verification by the Grading and Elite Committee.