The New Forest Pony Breeding & Cattle Society is the Breed Society and holders of the New Forest Pony Stud Book. We provide full passports for pure bred and part bred New Forest ponies and also offer our members basic equine passports for animals of unknown age & breeding.
Equine passports are only available from this society to people who are existing registered New Forest pony owners and / or existing members of the NFPB & CS.
Data Protection Act 1998 – Fair Processing Notice
Click to read Notice in full
PASSPORT AND MICROCHIPPING REGULATIONS 2009 – NEW FOREST PONIES
All foals should be registered with a full passport from this society by 31st December of the year of their birth.
Pure Bred New Forest Pony Stud Book – equine passport issued with registration
- Both parents must be fully registered in the New Forest Stud Book.
- The sire must have been fully licensed by the society.
- The pony must have been foal recorded if born on the open New forest in or after 1998
- The pony fully complies with the conditions of registration.
- See New Forest Pony Stud Book for full details.
First Cross New Forest Pony Register – equine passport issued with registration
- Minimum 50% New Forest pony
- Both parents to be pure bred and fully registered in the Stud Book of their respective breed, one parent to be New Forest.
Part Bred New Forest Pony Register – equine passport issued with registration
- Minimum 25% New Forest pony
- At least one grandparent must be fully registered in the New Forest Pony Stud Book, or a pure bred pony that does not comply with current conditions for registration.
Basic Equine Passports – equine passport for non New Forest horses or ponies
- For horses or ponies of unknown breeding and/or age.
- Available to members of the NFPB&CS who already hold passports issued by this society.